CAR SEAT INSTALLATION
Thousands of children are injured or killed every year by safety seats that are improperly fastened by parents or caretakers. Most collisions occur within a mile of the home, so buckle up your child in a safety seat every time, no matter how short the trip may be.
Is your child's car seat installed correctly?
It is estimated that more than 80% of all car seats are improperly installed. Uintah City Fire Department can provide car seat installation information and teach you how to properly install a car seat.
How to prepare for your appointment:
- Read the car seat manual and attempt to install the car seat before your appointment.
- Bring both the car seat instruction manual and your automobile owner’s manual to the appointment.
What to expect during your appointment:
- Instruction and demonstration on how to correctly install your car seat.
- Ensure you are using the correct seat based on child’s age, weight and height.
- Check to see if the car seat has been recalled.
- Obtain in and around car safety information to protect your child(ren).