UINTAH CITY FIRE DEPARTMENT VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTER RECRUITMENT
Date Opened: April 15, 2015 at 8:00 a.m.
Filing Deadline: Continuous Acceptance
Salary: This is a volunteer firefighter position. A small training stipend is provided for the following situations: (1) Required Fire Training ($5.00 per training); (2) Station Shift Coverage ($9.60-$10.60 per 12 hour shift); (3) Per Hour Emergency Response Stipend ($7.00-$12.00 per hour depending on certification levels).
Application Instructions: Application will only be accepted via email, mail or hand delivery. Below are the details and locations for submitting an application:
Uintah City Fire Department
2191 East 6550 South
Uintah, Utah 84405
Applications submitted via email must include all attachments outlined below and can be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
YOU’RE INVITED TO APPLY: Application are currently available and can be downloaded below from our department website www.uintahfd.org. These are volunteer, paid call positions working for the Uintah City Fire Department. Details of the assignments and job requirements are outlined in the Job Description.
Fire Training, including UFRA Certification training for levels required by the department are provided to candidates who are selected and require the training.
REQUIREMENTS: You are required to provide a driving record dated within the last 30 days, and a current criminal history check from the Bureau of Criminal Identification at TIME OF APPLICATION. No exceptions will be made. Must be a minimum of 18 years of age and have obtained your High School Diploma, GED or other recognized equivalent; must have a valid driver’s license and live within 1 hour from the Uintah City Fire Department. Conditions of Employment require applicants to ass an arduous Red Card Pack Test, selection interview, pass a pre-employment drug screen, submit copy of your criminal history background check, submit a driving record print out, and be Certified to at least a EMT (Basic).
EXAM PROCESS: Qualified applicants will be invited to a written and physical agility test. Applicants scoring highest on the written and physical agility testing will be invited into a selection interview (first panel interview, and then Chief's interivew) prior to selection and acceptance into the department.
QUESTIONS: Inquiries regarding the application and hiring process should be directed via email to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Date of the process and training cannot be changed. You must be able to participate in all aspects of the hiring process if you are selected. The dates identified are subject to delay or rescheduling to insure department operational readiness.
As a Volunteer Firefighter/EMT you will be committed to a robust training regime (requiring at least 75% attendance) and respond to emergency callbacks (75% of all emergency calls). Additionally those firefighters whom living within 7 minutes of the station are required to fill at least 4 volunteer 12 hour shifts at the station per month. Those who live outside of the 7 minute radius are required to fill at least 8 volunteer 12 hours shifts at the station per month. Please be sure to seriously consider your obligations, such as personal, educational or job related to make sure you are able to make a commitment to this position.
- Must be at least 18 years or older.
- Must be a high school graduate, or equivalent
- Must have a current Utah or NREMT EMT-Basic or higher (EMR may be accepted on a case by case basis)
- Must meet minimum station staffing shifts each month (based on residence)
- FF/EMT who live within (6) driving miles of the Station must staff 4, 12 hour shifts per month and attend at least 75% of all fire call back pages
- FF/EMT who live outside of the response radius must staff 8, 12 hour shifts per month.
- Must attend at least 75% of all regularly scheduled training drills (First Three (3) Thursday Nights 6-10pm of each month)
- Obtain Level 1 Firefighter Certification through Utah Fire Certification Council within 18 months of hiring
- Obtain Level 2 Firefighter Certification through Utah Fire Certification Council within 36 months of hiring
- Complete all Basic Manipulative and Knowledge based training during six (6) month probationary period
- Complete a criminal history check
- Complete a Pre-Employment Drug Test
- Provide a Current Copy of your Driving Record
The Uintah City Fire Department is an Equal Opportunity Provider